The 2013 Best of Ypsilanti Guide came off the press on a cold, crisp January day in the heart of Detroit.
We printed 35,000 copies with Inland Press.
My marketing assistant and website contractor also helped with the launch of visitypsinow.com/discover to accompany and expand on the print piece in an easily accessible digital format.
The 2014 guide was expanded by eight pages to include an outdoor recreation section and an index.
Results (35,000 Copies Each Year)
- Greater/more positive Ypsilanti representation at:
- Washtenaw County Hotels/Motels and Bed & Breakfasts
- Travel Michigan Welcome Centers
- Conferences, Meeting, and Sporting Events
- Various Departments on Eastern Michigan University Campus
- Newspaper drops in the Ypsilanti area and at Eastern Michigan University through a partnership with The Eastern Echo.
- Washtenaw Community College
- Visitor Information Booths
- Guides also distributed through
- Travel Guides Free
- Travel Advertising Group
This large undertaking came together with the help of several key individuals. I could have never written and curated the content without their help.
Design: Linette Lao, Invisable Engines
Photography: Chris Amos, Liesa Thompson,
Editor: Mary Seelhorst
Printer: Inland Press – Detroit, MI.